First Five Fragments for Friday
Your weekly offering of writing/art prompts. Happy Memorial Day weekend! Here we are at that first weekend of so-called summer, when Minnesotans (among others) open up their cabins, clean off the grill, pump up the bike tires, spit on the snow shovel. Okay, maybe not everyone does that last thing.
Anyway, the weather is warm, the weekend is long, the beer is in the fridge.
Here are this week’s prompts.
1. Five things growing in my garden: tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, peppers, weeds.
2. Five sounds hitting my ears right now: an episode of Futurama airing in the living room, the clack-clack-clack of the computer keyboard, the hungry growl of a wood chipper on the next block, the Doppler-ized sound of cars being driven on Roselawn Avenue, the jingle of my dog’s collar tags as she shifts her position on our bed.
3. Five things on my desk: a purple fairy wand, a package of Good & Plenty, a pine-scented candle, a rubbery skull with eyes that pop out when I squeeze it, a letter from my friend Oonah.
4. Five flavors I consider wonderful: licorice, raspberry, brown sugar, almond, banana.
5. Why this obsession with five things? Because there are five fingers on each hand to keep track of them. There are five weekdays in each week. Five is a lovely prime number. There is an alliteration factor for Friday blog posts. Notice that was only four things about five things.
Happy Friday, everyone.