First Five Fragments for Friday
Your weekly offering of writing/art/conversation prompts.
1. Five things people can collaborate on beside art or writing: raising kids, growing a garden, planning a trip, cooking a meal, running a country.
2. The book I'm reading right now is The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead. I've been reading it for a couple of weeks because reading a chapter at bedtime makes a book last a long time.
3. When mini-dachshunds get old, they like to be carried up stairs. Somehow, they still dash around in the kitchen looking for treats and behaving like the world will end if no treats are to be found.
4. I have a bunch of creative card decks laying around my office. Today's deck of choice was Vision Quest Cards. The card I drew was "Photograph and elderly person or an elderly couple as a gift to themselves or their family." I didn't like that one, so I drew another: "Recreate a classic photograph or painting, mimicking the composition, lighting and nuances, but in a new setting or contemporary surrounding". I think I'll get a different deck.
5. What would you give away every week to make people happy if you could choose one thing (and it can't be money)?
Happy Friday, everybody.