First Five Fragments for Friday
1. Black sweet potato vines with cold-curled leaves that trail across the frost-coated slick deck…
2. Robins and grosbeaks and other birds gorge themselves on our crabapples, invaders who ravage the tree before winter sets in.
3. A sudden plunge into domesticity accompanies the colder mornings, the kitchen becomes the warm hub for all of us.
4. This urge to curl up in the evenings with books and wine and a fireplace gets completely wrecked when a political phone call interrupts everything and reminds me I cannot entirely disengage myself.
5. Homecoming week for my kid ends today, but the rush of memory that unleashes for me will hang around for a while.
And your fragments are….?
Here are some of this morning’s visitors. Enjoy.