First Five Fragments for Friday
1. Waking sounds for today: cheery music with Spanish words bouncing out the window of a truck parked in front of our house at 7:30 a.m. Slam of a truck door. Growl of heavy machinery in the driveway across the street. Men talking.
2. Morning rituals: brush teeth. Wash face. Pick Japanese beetles off raspberry bushes, drop them into soapy water. Make coffee.
3. Today’s break: having the windows open without feeling like that’s the equivalent of standing in front of a blast furnace.
4. First surprise of the day: baby slept through sounds of trucks, machinery, voices.
5. Current working conditions: dining room table with a squishy plastic frog, two dogs, and a baby staring at me.
And your fragments are….?
All right. Go watch the Olympics.