First Five Fragments for Friday
1. That moment upon waking when there is no thought, only the feel of cotton sheets on bare legs and the sound of breath.
2. Early spring means morning sounds are different: birds are louder and so are the sniffles from my allergy-suffering daughter.
3. The first road trip since Thanksgiving: bare trees, still-dead grass, bits of snow still piled in shady places, and air warm enough to wear a t-shirt.
4. I want to have a bonfire, but our wood is wet with the early spring that has turned our yard into a swampy place.
5. Irish whiskey at the ready because this is part of my heritage.
And your fragments are….?
Happy St. Patrick’s Day (one day early).