First Five Fragments for Friday
Seasonal, regional, random…..
1. A nearly-full morning moon, scuttling gray clouds, and a 10-foot-tall blow-up Frankenstein next to an ivy-covered house
2. That phrase, “a pain in the ass,” doesn’t strike me as quite as bad as a pain in the lower back but I suppose it’s catchier
3. Crows outside are having a noisy early morning meeting and they remind me of people I know – loud, raw, hunkered on a power line
4. The smell of sesame oil on shower-damp skin
5. Sometimes, hearing an airplane reminds me just how quiet it got when planes were grounded after 9/11 and how startling that quiet was, every bit as startling as an incredibly loud and close explosion.
Bonus photo fragments: alternative views
Happy Friday. Turn everything over and look at the other side.