First Five Fragments for Friday – Solstice Edition
Your weekly offering of writing/art prompts.
1. Always intrigued by the idea of the solstice, by celebrations of the longest day, summer bonfires, gardens, and the positions of the stars. So, naturally, I looked it up: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/06/130621-summer-solstice-2013-longest-day-sun-earth-space-science/
2. Would you rather have midnight sun or a long tunnel of night?
3. Between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. a line of thunderstorms rolled through my area. At one point, the flash and sound were simultaneous; windows shook, the bedroom was illuminated in blue light. I could not ignore the urge to get up, throw open the living room curtains, and watch. Who would want to sleep through such a display?
4. Is your favorite summer activity now anything like your favorite summer activity when you were ten years old?
5. The older I get, the more poignant summer feels and time swirls away from me like mist.
And your summery fragments are….?